Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Revolution Begins

My Bolsheviks turned up today.

Copplestone Castings are very nice models indeed.

And now I have them in my grubby little hands, my urge to start selling stuff on ebay, to buy more, has increased. But the question is what to sell. As I have various bits and pieces knocking around that I will never use but for various reasons I am loathe to get rid of. Principle among these is a 15mm Seven Years War army of ancient Freikorps miniatures.

It doesn't help that I have been looking around at models for the interwar period and have tapped into a seam of extraordinary inventiveness. The new models from Muttonchop are particularly tempting, with the stand out being the Croydon Crusher.

I have ordered the Napoleon set from Perry's that will serve as my Divisional command for the French. I principally wanted it for the model of Ney at the table, and the rather useful figues of various officers. I haven't decided what I will do with the figure of Napoleon.

One posibility is that I shall use him in Back of Beyond.

The chances are that I'll use him as part of the Divisional command, even though I have an aesthetic objection to doing so.

Other than that I haven't done much other than plough on with painting an infantry battalion, whislt idly imagining what I want to buy - and what I want to sell to fund the new purchases.

peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment