Monday 18 October 2010

The Perils of the Post

So what can you do?

Unless price is no issue, gamers pretty much have to use online vendors.

I am guessing that we all have a particular outlet that we use, and indeed I have never had a problem.

Until now.

I noticed, via google, that a new boy has appeared on the block - I checked them out and they were offering a good price, so I thought I would give them a go (I won't name names at this point).

I ordered a couple of things - one of which was out of stock - but the other item was dispatched and duely arrived on time. A couple of days later, I recieved an email to say that the item had been dispatched.

But it hasn't arrived.

I emailed them to inform them of this stuation. They said they would get back to me when they had spoken to the post office the next day. Some days later, and following a couple of emails from me, I get an email saying that the parcel appears lost but they are still looking into it.

So I email to ask them what is happening - i.e. am I getting a replacement, a refund, lost my money or what? And am still awaiting the reply.

Now I accept that things get lost in the post. And that a business such as this has to protect itself against fraud. But I am getting more than a little annoyed by the customer service.

Oh well I guess I shall just have to wait and see what happens.

peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment