Monday 4 July 2011

The Joys of Old Style Gaming

I have started work on divisional command....

Cue blurry photo...



The first of my purchases arrived today, the ships from Navwar.

I have to say that I am very impressed, they must have literally processed, packed and dispatched the order as soon as it arrived.

After a fruitless and frustrating half an hour spent trying to draw the ship data tables in Word, I joined the General Quarters Yahoo group and found a suitable Word document that contained the required tables, so now it is just a question of filling them out for the ships I have, printing them and getting them laminated.

Re reading the rules I had forgotten just how simple the rules of General Quarters are. The basic rules are covered in about twenty pages... which includes all the advanced and campaign rules.

I bought some Catalinas so I have the problem of how to mount them - a 1/3000th Catalina is pretty small. So a trip to the hardware shop for suitable wire is imminent.

peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment