Thursday 21 February 2013

Never Feed the Hunger

A quiet day on the painting front...

Finished the base coating of the command vehicle, and started on the second coat.

With a number of unpainted projects in various states of abandon, I really am loathe too start on another. Therefore I am fighting my urge to expand the painting project of the Nurgle Warriors of Choas, into a Nurgle Warriors of Chaos army.

Thankfully Battlescribe is acting as a brake on this impulse because no matter how I try, I cannot find a 2000 point army that fits what I would want to do with the army.

Plus, I don't really want to go through the whole army building process again, without building it through a Warbands campaign, and some kind of esculation style play.

But those things aside, the idea I am working on is a list that exploits the ability of the Warshine to turn heroes into Demon Princes and Spawn. My original idea was to use bare-bones units of 10 Marauders, who hang around behind the rest of the army in the hope that the favour of Nurgle shines upon them. The problem is that these units are 70 points, and without armour or shields these units are effectively free points.

The next problem I run into is that because I want a mono-Nurgle list, I also want to have the lords and heroes riding on palanquins. Which means they also need to have a unit to protect them. Ideally I would have a BSB and 2 lvl 3s, that means I need 3 units of warriors, and since I don't want all my eggs in one basket the units need to be of sufficient size to be able to fight. But, in no time at all I have no space left for the toys like the Gorbeast chariot, Chimerea, and trolls.

And yet as soon as I start going down this route, I find myself chastising myself that I should be concentrating on the projects I already have on hand - the Spanish Napoleonics, the 1/300th WWII, the Romans and the Imperial Guard.

I guess this is the price you pay for treating yourself to a boy of soldiers for a painting and modelling project.

peace)

No comments:

Post a Comment