Wednesday 3 November 2010

Wargaming Moments

So what have I been up to?

I went to FIASCO at the weekend.

Anywho, I did top up on hobby supplies and bought a battlewagon.

Oh and I had a classic gaming moment.

We've all had one.

One of my aims for the show was to pick up some figures for the Indian Mutiny. I just really want to paint some stuff from the period, and I have an idea for a set of skirmish rules.

After doing some reasearch on the web, I decided to plump for the Wargames Foundry range. They are perhaps not as a varied as I would like, and there is a limited range of civilians and character figures but I thought I would give them a go. Unfortunately the only stand carrying Wargames Foundry figures didn't have the Indian Mutiny range. I was rather tempted by the figures from Mutineer Miniatures but was put off by the price - not that they are really that much more expensive than Foundry figures - well £11 for 8 figures, vs £8/£9.

So figuring that I wasn't going to get the figures I wanted, I decided to buy a battlewagon. And no sooner did I have the orky goodness in my clammy hand, than I happened to walk past the stall selling Foundry figures and notice that they had the Mutiny range on sale individually - having broken up the packs.

As for the battlewagon - yes I know what I said.... but yah know....

Anywho.... more on that later.

peace:)

ps - I forgot to mention that after buying the battlewagon I was spent out.

No comments:

Post a Comment