Tuesday 2 August 2011

Chew On This

I wouldn't go so far as to describe my state as giddy like a schoolgirl, but I have spent part of my soujourn at the seaside following the Ogre rumours.

And indeed I was rather excited when I saw the prictures....



What I was not quite prepared for was the level of stoopidness to which some people would succumb.

For instance....



Have at look at the tusks.

Do they look natural to you?

No, nor me, but it didn't stop people from criticising the models of the basis of the beast's inability to eat. Yeah it is always the first thought on my mind when I look at a plastic monster kit. I can't look at a Manticore without wondering what it had for lunch.

Anywho...

The release of the pictures, and the firming up of various rumours, has left me wondering what sort of an army the new book will generate.

The Ogres are already rather pricey, so aside from the expense (and transport difficulty) if is questionable how many of the new gribblies will make it into the daylight of battle.

However I am rather hopeful that the changes will be rather cleverly handled.

At present the problem with the army is, to paraphrase Ben Johnson, 'shoot then a bit, magic them a bit, and they're gone.' According to the rumours, apart from giving a 6+ save and changing the magic a bit, they haven't really changed the actual Ogres too much. Yet now potentially if you are going to shoot them a bit and magic them a bit, you face the problem of whether to target the infantry or the monsters, and whichever you pick, the section of the army you neglected will no doubt do you a fair bit of damage.

I'd prefer a bit of chaff thrown in too.

But I guess we will all have to wait and see what the points are when the book comes out.

peace)

No comments:

Post a Comment